• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Normal clove polyp or not?

bboystyle

View Badges
Reaction score
I have two clove polyps on plugs. The base of one looks a bit stranger than the other. I'll post pics of both but I just want to know if there's anything I should do/not do. Is it normal? Is it a hitchhiker?

The first picture is of the one I'm concerned about. The second is the other clove polyp that seems cleaner and blooms more easily.

Thanks in advance.

20200923_190331.jpg wonyoung.jpg

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice clove polyps. They look good. The first pic looks like it’s glued a little too high so it is not growing new cloves that attach to the plug. But that’s not really a problem because. You can just Super glue them to the plug when they get bigger. Or to somewhere else.

I really love clove polyps. Just got a frag a couple weeks ago.

I’m not the only one that loves them, my decorator crab stole a few babies and put them on his back. I can’t wait for them to grow bigger, that would be really cool!

D92093BD-A1C7-49A4-93BB-D42BD7B4A93E.png

I know it’s hard to see this guy, it’s blurry, but circled below. I wish I had a camera and pic skills like @najer . You can see those little white sacs you are concerned about, they are just baby clove polyps.
3D70409E-30D5-438E-9A53-6ECC94D8E5EB.jpeg

How concerned are you about high phosphates in your tank?

• VERY Concerned

Votes: 80 22.1%
  • Somewhat Concerned

Votes: 213 58.8%
  • NOT Concerned At All

Votes: 65 18.0%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 4 1.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors