Normal color for wet skimming?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been running my skimmer dry and have been collecting the foam, but I recently switched to wet skimming. Is this color normal or is something wrong? It's a very faint green, clear color. I expected a much darker color. All the levels in the tank are zero so it seems to be working. Just wanted to see if I needed to go back to dry skim. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 1424571076377.jpg
    1424571076377.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 216
I think I skim fairly wet and this is what I get.

 
Your skim is a little to wet imo. Nothing wrong with what you have just isn't pulling out all the funk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new