normal conch behavior?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawk82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hawk82

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2019
Messages
573
Reaction score
328
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i got my conch two months he was out and about all the time. Cleaned all my sand, I even seen him up on some rocks. Now for the past week hes just buried in one spot. I can see his eye looking around sometimes, but hes not getting out from under the sand. Do they go through periods where they rest for a while? Because he sure was busy when I first added him. Now some of sand is getting brown again. When I first got him, he cleaned all my brown ugly sand, and i thought that was the best 10 bucks i ever spent lol.
 
I have 3 in my 80G. Do the same thing. They go through days of activity, and days when they just lay there.

Not sure if it's normal behavior, but all conch's I have ever had do this same thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new