Not a hydroid... But what is it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JiminyCat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JiminyCat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At night after lights out I find four or five if these clinging mainly to the glass. When I shine a light on them they move gracefully like an octopus or bring in their tentacles to float away. Anyone know what they are and if they are friend or foe?
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1374621355.521083.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1374621385.129776.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1374621423.491006.jpg
 
Looked up spaghetti worm and they look like what comes up for that in Google. I have them in the substrate and rock but didn't recognize them as being the same thing; when they are buried all I see are wandering tentacles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new