Not enough water getting into pump baffle in AIO

Accidentalreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
64
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I purchased an AIO tank second band, it's a nice tank I moved some of the baffles over so I could use the middle portion as a sump/refugium this is my 1st AIO tank, I noticed not alot of water was filling the pump side I had to turn the pump almost all the way down but now I barely have any flow coming from the pump into the tank.... is my baffle to high going from my sump into my pump section? The water is leveled off almost the the DT section

20201112_154143.jpg 20201112_154126.jpg 20201112_154153.jpg
 
All you need to do is fill that chamber upwith more saltwater and turn the pump back up.

If the water is still flowing through the slots and isn't overflowing over the top you should be just fine
 
I have a 10 gal QT tank like yours. When the overall water volume gets too low, then the pump starts sucking air. After checking the salinity, you should add more water. If your salinity is high, then you may need to add mostly RO/DI instead of salt water. When I run my QT tank, I add at least a cup of RO/DI a day to make up for the evaporation.
 
Thanks guys I'll put some more water in and see if that help!
 
Does the pump section have to be all the way full? Like up to where the sump is?
 
My target level is the main DT section and all the back sections are level, when the pump is off and water has settled.
 
Make sure your salinity is good. It can change quickly in a small tank.

I run an air-stone in my QT tank because the return pump is weak and the oxygen-level can get low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new