Not happy with my gen4 radion XR30w. Rust contamination.

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, how would you feel if your expesive fixture had this issue?

radionrustscrews.jpg

I'm very happy with the light it produces , but both of my gen4 ecotech radion XR30w had same problem with the screws.

with gen3 no issues. Still using them with any problems after so many years, but with gen4 happened this.

had many problems with contamination of metals in water. Lost a lot of frags and tank evolution slowed a lot by that issue.

Until I managed to see the problem. :(

Talked to them by mail and R2R pm , but not even a sorry message.

Just pointed that was my fault if I was using canopy or at a low display height (none of them happening)

Well. I just wanted you to know, because I feel very dissapointed after being a loyal ecotech customer with 2 gen3 , 2 gen 4 and 2 vectra M.

Expected at least some new screws, not just that they ignored me and sent to the local retailer.

AptasiaLover3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what happens when sponsors come first and customers second. You aren't the only one having problems with the G4s or G5s as I am with both. They were/still aren't ready for the public. They were so busy trying to flood the market they skipped many quality control measures.

A light for marine use should 100% be capable of handling the humidity of a hood or evaporation/salt creep for what we pay for these over hyped Chinese lights.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ever tell a tech company that you used their lights in a hood, pumps under heavy head pressure or used vinegar or other cleaners on anything - they will deny you. Right or wrong, it has been happening for a while.

All that you can do to express your discontent is to speak with your wallet and tell people your story when they ask for advice.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 46.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back