Not liking new classifieds

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one? I feel like it’s just more confusing and extra steps to see the info you want at a glance.

An old sell thread, you click into it, get a description And the pics and price all in one spot immediately.

Now on the classifieds you click into it and it straight brings you into the discussion forum part of it, but to see the description of the item and easier or more pics, you then have to click into the overview. Then you have to switch back to the forum side to see comments on if certain stuff was sold out of the listing.

I don’t know I just feel it adds a lot of extra steps for something that was much simpler before, why try to fix what isn’t broken?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one? I feel like it’s just more confusing and extra steps to see the info you want at a glance.

An old sell thread, you click into it, get a description And the pics and price all in one spot immediately.

Now on the classifieds you click into it and it straight brings you into the discussion forum part of it, but to see the description of the item and easier or more pics, you then have to click into the overview. Then you have to switch back to the forum side to see comments on if certain stuff was sold out of the listing.

I don’t know I just feel it adds a lot of extra steps for something that was much simpler before, why try to fix what isn’t broken?
I agree, but it could just be that I'm getting old and hate change.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I refuse to get old so that can’t be it. :)
It’s not intuitive, the Overview and Discussion tabs don’t make sense. The old way was much cleaner.
My son tells me I'm right on the verge at yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way I am old, and I don’t like it either. I’m not a fan of the limited amount of pictures or that you can only list one price. I think it would be okay if someone was selling 1 item. But for people selling a bunch of stuff it doesn’t make sense. I don’t like that the “discussion” thread ends up in the sellers forum. Why is it not just part of the classified.

lynaea75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was confused by this as a buyer and even more so since trying to sell. I closed out my first classified and marked it sold but didn’t realize the thread was still visible until I got more Qs about item. Also you can only have one classified at a time with one pic (as far as I can tell). I tried just adding a thread to the Marketplace but that doesn’t seem to be an opt while a Classified is running ?

it doesn’t seem very useful as is.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just keep changing it, just keep it the same so everyone can figure it out and then understand.

It’s just like everything though, everything constantly changing

Oh and yes I can’t stand the new set up

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Listen I know it’s more of a pain in the butt than the old way but really what you’re seeing is just the foundation of what could be something great. We’ve been trying stuff out and now it’s time to start tweaking it and making it what I know it can be and that’s where you come in.

I hear you and I want to change your mind about it and make you love it…..eventually.

So tell me how we can make it better and I’ll start adding your ideas to the list and we’ll knock them out!

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure what was wrong with the old way, I too dislike the classifieds. But one thing I'd recommend regardless is a feedback page should be added for sellers. Ideally it would be a link where sellers could save any messages they click to be there as reviews. Could have a feedback score. And maybe also include defaulted pictures of their display and/or frag tanks.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what was wrong with the old way, I too dislike the classifieds. But one thing I'd recommend regardless is a feedback page should be added for sellers. Ideally it would be a link where sellers could save any messages they click to be there as reviews. Could have a feedback score. And maybe also include defaulted pictures of their display and/or frag tanks.
There is a feedback part that was added. As much as we all complain about the classified ads, I do like that they added a feedback part where you can leave a review of the seller/buyer.
See here's mine. Screenshot_20210922-080535_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Listen I know it’s more of a pain in the butt than the old way but really what you’re seeing is just the foundation of what could be something great. We’ve been trying stuff out and now it’s time to start tweaking it and making it what I know it can be and that’s where you come in.

I hear you and I want to change your mind about it and make you love it…..eventually.

So tell me how we can make it better and I’ll start adding your ideas to the list and we’ll knock them out!
Not having to switch from description to comments, should be all in one spot. Not limiting pictures. Especially if you are trying to sell more than one thing at once. Having to create a new classified for each item just sounds exhausting and you can’t anyways, think you are limited to 3 as it stands? So for people trying to sell an entire setup, this way is pretty rough.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don’t mind the classified. I do think it would be nice to combine the overview and discussion threads so it’s much easier to follow.

Also, not sure if it’s a glitch or just miswording, but it’d be nice to be able to add all pics at once. While it seems you’re supposed to be able to, it limits it to just one pic on initial posting.

Also perhaps a sticky showing off the new feedback system as it seems it’s not being utilized

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don’t mind the classified. I do think it would be nice to combine the overview and discussion threads so it’s much easier to follow.

Also, not sure if it’s a glitch or just miswording, but it’d be nice to be able to add all pics at once. While it seems you’re supposed to be able to, it limits it to just one pic on initial posting.

Also perhaps a sticky showing off the new feedback system as it seems it’s not being utilized
I agree on the new feedback thing, I think that part is great, but I feel like it could have been done using the old way.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep the feedback coming! I'm going to make this classified AWESOME and you'll have to love it! :p

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the feedback coming! I'm going to make this classified AWESOME and you'll have to love it! :p
Perhaps you can explain what you are trying to achieve with this new system @revhtree ? Been here going on a decade and always just had the old sell threads and it worked for so many years very well. The feedback system I see you are creating is amazing and I think thats a GREAT step in the right direction, but I guess I'm just confused as to why it changes "how" we sell stuff, rather than just the "addition" of a feedback system. Maybe this could help us understand and provide more quality feedback rather than just I don't like this and that.

While I've listed out my main concerns and the changes I'd like to see, I'll be honest even if that changes, I still prefer the old way, its just simple and easy to use and navigate. I guess I don't see what was "wrong" with a regular sell thread we've used for years?

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seconded, I like the old way but it needed a feedback system. I also like the idea of sellers being able to have a reviews page with comments versus just a feedback score.

Back