• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Not mad, very disappointed

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously OP didn't ship them to save money. Just like how he complained on public forum to get some money back. At end of the day, money talks.

Let this be a lesson for all. When things go wrong, use social media / internet to get your way. It's the new American way.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Obviously OP didn't ship them to save money. Just like how he complained on public forum to get some money back. At end of the day, money talks.

Let this be a lesson for all. When things go wrong, use social media / internet to get your way. It's the new American way.
Emotion Reaction GIF

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like TSA initially held to their policy but was forced to reimburse after the public name and shame pile on. In all honesty..I actually feel bad for the OP. Money lost on corals is always upsetting. But once you take delivery of any item, the transaction is complete. There is actually no difference between mailing DoA vs carry out DoA except the timing of when buyer takes possession. The possession on carry out is when you carry out, the possession on mailing is delivery. Once you take possession, they are in your care and you take ownership and the vendor's due diligence of care is over.

One of my favorite quotes (from Angels and Demons movie):

The lord hears all prayers. Sometimes the answer is no.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One could look it at this way. The coral was happy and healthy in the store. The only variable that changed was it being removed from that environment to the buyers care. Whether intentional or not, the buyers possession caused the deterioration of the coral.
Now back to watching Judge Judy (is she still on air?)

The difference is that the OP communicated with TSA telling them that he was from out of town and will be driving back the next day. TSA knew that and that is why packed the coral in a styrofoam box with a heat pack.
The OP thinking that the coral was in a safe place, didn't want disturb the coral and left it in the box sealed. According to the OP story, him transporting the coral did not cause the downfall of the coral, the mispacking was the downfall of the coral.

This wasn't a normal walk in transaction where TSA would of just put it in a normal fish bag and tied it off with rubber bands and the customer walks off with a bag of corals. Hence extra care TSA made by using metal staple, styrofoam box and heat pack. To be fair, I am not sure if TSA does or doesn't pack all walk in customers with metal staple, styrofoam box and heat packs. I just assume they do the same thing all other LFS do.

Also, I am not pointing fingers at TSA either, its a learning moment for both parties. Better communication and experience would of prevented this issue.

SyracuseMatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recognizing that probably no one will change their minds, I typically try to accept responsibility when I think something is 'my fault' and hope others will do the same. As an example, I've not asked for the LiveAquaria 'guarantee' credit when I felt like I was responsible for a fish's death (I feel personally responsible when aggression issues result in a fish's death) even when a fish has died still within the guarantee period.

Here, it seems like TSA probably made a mistake putting a heat pack in with corals that weren't expected to be outside of a climate controlled environment in a relatively small styrofoam box. I consider myself at least a semi-savvy reefer and would not have questioned TSA's decision to use a heat pack (although I would now having read through these posts). So, guarantee or not, it seems like TSA ought to (and did) accept some responsibility for the loss. Not that they had to, it just seems like the right thing to do.

Ultimately, at least in my opinion, you probably shouldn't ask a store to honor a guarantee when you screw up but, a store also probably shouldn't rely on a limitation when it looks like they screwed up. If people communicate and try to to reasonable with one another, most things can/should be worked out. Just my two cents.

Matt

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe we should all let this die now, regardless of the opinions expressed, I’m sure TSA isn’t excited to see a thread titled ‘not mad disappointed’ still gaining traction in their feedback forum.

great job TSA, you guys rock!

3A9C8EAB-BEB9-42F7-8226-ED02BE44758C.gif

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok maybe we should all let this die now, regardless of the opinions expressed, I’m sure TSA isn’t excited to see a thread titled ‘not mad disappointed’ still gaining traction in their feedback forum.

great job TSA, you guys rock!

3A9C8EAB-BEB9-42F7-8226-ED02BE44758C.gif

This thread would of died, but some people took it upon themselves to flame the OP and make some off the wall comments about shaming the retailer as the American way.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad this was resolved, but this put TSA in a tough spot. If they said ‘no’, then we’d see a post about a store refusing to sell a coral to someone traveling and judging their customers. As soon as you leave the store with purchase in hand, it’s the customers responsibility to care for it and know the policy. I think TSA went above / beyond here which speaks to their customer a service.
I am not taking sides.

I fail to understand if they packed it like they were shipping how the Frags die.
They do this all the time

Package are out, then inside all the time by UPS and FedEx.

We have corals show up fine 2 days later a used by UPS and FedEx.

And this guy babies it ( how can I say that, Well it has money on line)

And within 24hrs Frags are dead.

My mind doesn't understand this.
We do this all the time.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread would of died, but some people took it upon themselves to flame the OP and make some off the wall comments about shaming the retailer as the American way.
Lol Flame the OP? Off the wall comments (like taking responsibility for your own property in your care?) whatever buddy…

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back