• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Not mad, very disappointed

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tsa provided a heat pack that was in the box
Ok I can understand your frustration then. It is possible they packed it wrong. But unfortunately their policy is their policy. Part of your responsibility would be to check the temperature of the frags several times during the trip.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never bought there because of the price. A 250.00 hammer there is 99.00 elsewhere. They do have some beautiful things but..... Anyway I think you should get store credit or some help with your situation. Boooo. TSA.
It’s like eating steak at Golden Corral vs Sizzlin tho.

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As with many said, its their store policy. However, this was their fault for putting in a heat packed that cooked the frags.

Thumbs up - to the OP for not coming on R2R and flaming TSA
Thumbs up - to TSA for working with OP
Thumbs down - to TSA for washing their hands of the situation at the beginning causing OP to call on for R2R assistance

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future use, get a cheap kitchen thermometer. Stab through the Styrofoam box to monitor air temp at least.

This is what I do when I travel to frag swaps that are several hours away.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As with many said, its their store policy. However, this was their fault for putting in a heat packed that cooked the frags.

Thumbs up - to the OP for not coming on R2R and flaming TSA
Thumbs up - to TSA for working with OP
Thumbs down - to TSA for washing their hands of the situation at the beginning causing OP to call on for R2R assistance
Just to be clear we did not have they entire situation explained to us when we informed the OP about our DOA policy in regards to our local pickups. After we seen this and the OP explained the situation here we reached out.

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some coral die in the past as well on a trip from NC back to FL. I considered it a learning experience and After that i started keeping a small tote with a clear lid, cheap led light, air bubbler, small heater and a inverter when I went on trips so when I bought a frag or so I could transport it back with more success
Could you share a picture of your little setup? Sounds interesting

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just feel like I should say I've had a good experience complaining to TSA. I emailed them I didn't think the coral I bought represented the photo on the site. I know it's under blue lights on the site but this was a totally different color and I put it under blue myself just in case. They text back and forth with me and agreed to a full refund if I shipped it back or $100 credit. It was still a pretty and healthy hammer coral, just not the color I would've spent that kind of money on. I really don't think they meant to misrepresent anything and whoever helped me was very understanding and accommodating, I was happy with how they handled it.

IMO it would be nice if they helped in this situation but I also understand their view that if it was fine when the coral left the store, they're not really at fault and now taking a loss to help out.

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate situation, hopefully it gets resolved

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sucks the frags didn't make it but TSA is not responsible. No LFS provide guarantees on SPS frags. If you decide to take the risk and transport them, you took the responsibility. 70 degree room could mean 60 degree in the box. You should have asked for a heat pack or something. I will have to side with TSA. It would have been nice if they offered you a discount on next purchase but no way should it be expected.
Agreed, they have no control over the boxes temp/etc. after you take delivery of it.

Sucks, but sometimes you just lose. Blame isn’t with them. And no way a couple heat packs cooked corals…

edit: looks like they helped you out anyways, above & beyond @TSA Corals

OP
OP
11f150

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, they have no control over the boxes temp/etc. after you take delivery of it.

Sucks, but sometimes you just lose. Blame isn’t with them. And no way a couple heat packs cooked corals…

edit: looks like they helped you out anyways, above & beyond @TSA Corals

What are your thoughts on what happened to them?

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on what happened to them?
Likely the temp was too low for too long. For them to overheat there would have to be a ton of those packs in there and crazy sealed to bring the water temp up significantly.

OP
OP
11f150

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely the temp was too low for too long. For them to overheat there would have to be a ton of those packs in there and crazy sealed to bring the water temp up significantly.

They were never below 70 degree room temp with a heat pack.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This study indicates differently.

My personal experience has also been different. A single pack in a small cooler with 70 degree air temps can quickly bake corals.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad this was resolved, but this put TSA in a tough spot. If they said ‘no’, then we’d see a post about a store refusing to sell a coral to someone traveling and judging their customers. As soon as you leave the store with purchase in hand, it’s the customers responsibility to care for it and know the policy. I think TSA went above / beyond here which speaks to their customer a service.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have no way of knowing you didn't drop the box fifteen times while it sat in the trunk for a day getting tossed around, obviously that didn't happen but the point is they know shipping will very likely be fine with a carrier... As it usually is.

. It's not on tsa imo, sorry for the losses though

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back