Not necessarily new but.

05FLSTCI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not totally new to salt, ran a 55 then upgraded to 250, limited now and really liking the shape and size of the Biocube 32, perfect fit for my smaller place. On my older tanks I ran without filtration systems, just live rock, live sand, power heads, protein skimmer, heater, chiller and quality LEDS.

I've read quite a bit on the BC32, LED upgrades seem to be the norm, and I have no problem in that. My main question is can I run the BC32 like my older style tanks, simple, live rock, live sand, power heads, protein skimmer, heater, quality LEDS? I'd like to do a mixed reef of corals, the simple hardy stuff, and a few fish, I know its only 29gal, so I don't want to overload it.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
05FLSTCI

05FLSTCI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, my memory has faded over the years of not having a tank, are there limitations to what I can have?

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you're limited. A 32g cannot house larger fish, very aggressive fish, or fish that need a lot of swim space. Look at small community species if you want activity or a couple aggressive fish if you have a specific fish in mind. In a 32 you could maybe do a pair of clowns, an anemone later (if you want one), a firefish, a clean up crew, and maybe a royal gramma if you want color an activity. There are other basslets, dartfish and damsels that will work but not always together. You have to go by what your tank can handle so I'd look on a site like live Aquaria and pick some small fish that interest you. (You can post here and we will help with the list, what can go together, what cant, etc.) and then add them from least aggressive to most.

OP
OP
05FLSTCI

05FLSTCI

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Maya Ybry-Yagy Thanks, this is what I was looking for. My goal is simple, I want an anemone and a pair of clowns, I know cliché, but not the typical Nemo but more like Black Saddles, Ice or maybe a variant of Snowflake, I haven't researched them all yet. As far as an anemone, that too something different, vibrant in color, shape and style.
Cleaning crew of course an array of various corals, the easy hardy ones, yet with plenty of color and personality.
Thanks again.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back