How to size skimmer properly

BeccaMel

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon display tank and a 40 gallon tank as my sump system. I plan to use filter floss on top of live rock for one section, a small compartment for my heaters and refugium, one for my protein skimmer, then finally an area for the return pump. I have done a lot of research on how to size skimmers but I don’t understand if I’m supposed to include the sump size in my calculations or not
 
I include sump size in my calculations. If it were me, I would get something in the 200 gallon range, more is often better. Everything on my tanks are rated for higher
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new