Not sure if this is ich or just a spot

MUB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month ago, I've dealt with ich in my DT tank. I quarantined my file fish and my yellow watchman goby. On the day I started the treatment, there was a Valentini Puffer fish on sale so I decided to buy it and start the copper treatment with the 3 fish in the tank.

- I'm using copper power.
- I maintained the copper at 2.0 for the entire time. There's 2 days left (day 28) until the copper treatment is suppose to be done.
- I did two water changes, where I pre-dosed the new saltwater going into the QT tank with matching copper levels.
- There are only PVC pipes, bubbler, heater, powerhead, and a aquaclear filter.
- Every single fish eats fine, swims fine and behaves normally.
- The only spot I see is on the Valentini, and it's only 2 spots on the face, nowhere else.

Is this ich or something else?

Attachments

• 20230813 151112.mp4
    10 MB

Kmarshall168

Bearded Dude that likes things in water
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure someone else will correct me but isnt ich usually a bunch of small white spots. That looks more like an injury to me but I could be wrong

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month ago, I've dealt with ich in my DT tank. I quarantined my file fish and my yellow watchman goby. On the day I started the treatment, there was a Valentini Puffer fish on sale so I decided to buy it and start the copper treatment with the 3 fish in the tank.

- I'm using copper power.
- I maintained the copper at 2.0 for the entire time. There's 2 days left (day 28) until the copper treatment is suppose to be done.
- I did two water changes, where I pre-dosed the new saltwater going into the QT tank with matching copper levels.
- There are only PVC pipes, bubbler, heater, powerhead, and a aquaclear filter.
- Every single fish eats fine, swims fine and behaves normally.
- The only spot I see is on the Valentini, and it's only 2 spots on the face, nowhere else.

Is this ich or something else?
Those two spots are not ich - they look like superficial rub marks. The fish has good behavior, so I don’t see any treatable issues here.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty, thanks for putting my mind at ease.
I should add that it is always a good plan to dose fish with praziquantel after a copper treatment, just to reduce issues with flukes.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back