OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stackable boards with 8 relays per board or DIN mountable modules with 8 N/O or N/C relays. I can see many, many people going crazy doing their own outlet/boards based off of this. I'd take 4 or more off the bat if price was right.

Imagine stacking 4 boards, plug in one USB into the apex and bam - 4 EB8s show up! Oof the possibilities!!!
Since then, I have a better idea for which module to emulate for this. EB832 would only give you two ports per device. We can do better. I already have the hardware... just need to get around to put it together. Also need to come up with an enclosure design. I'm not convinced that DIN is a popular platform in this hobby. But if there are already inexpensive DIN compatible kits for custom boards/enclosures out there... who knows.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Since then, I have a better idea for which module to emulate for this. EB832 would only give you two ports per device. We can do better. I already have the hardware... just need to get around to put it together. Also need to come up with an enclosure design. I'm not convinced that DIN is a popular platform in this hobby. But if there are already inexpensive DIN compatible kits for custom boards/enclosures out there... who knows.

DIN or not, I will be checking on your progress.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love DIN, but usually didn't budget space for rails of DIN modules. That said, maybe I should attach various controllers (Vortech etc) via some printed adapters... :)

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing. Honestly this hobby has so many talented and smart ppl. I have a question about the backlit LEDs, do they stay illuminated or do they turn off? I’d love to see feedback via led. For example, if I hit the maintenance mode, the light turns on(or off) letting me know the state of the button.

OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. Honestly this hobby has so many talented and smart ppl. I have a question about the backlit LEDs, do they stay illuminated or do they turn off? I’d love to see feedback via led. For example, if I hit the maintenance mode, the light turns on(or off) letting me know the state of the button.
Good question. Momentary buttons turn off when depressed. Latching buttons stay lit until pressed again.
No feedback from the controller on these buttons unfortunately. Can't be done without controller support currently.

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wanted to post an updated. Received quickly, custom to how I wanted it. Feels high quality, the buttons have a nice feel to them and pushes really nicely. Engraving makes it look super nice and makes it easier for my Gf, who’s not an apex person, to figure out what button does what. Apex recognized it immediately. Love the LED buttons on it as well(big reason I didn’t go with adaptive reefs breakout) so I know the button is pressed or for the latched buttons, know that I left it in whatever mode I had it in. (We all forget things nice to have a reminder!) Now to program all the buttons. Highly recommend!

OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you are satisfied!

You hit everything that sets this toggle box apart from anything else out there. The buttons are the best quality I could source. They light up without needing a secondary power supply, helps avoid the wire mess. Engravings help tell the purpose of each button. And last but not least, it connects directly into an available aquabus port and does not take the only available breakout port, which is often already used by float switches.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Yah, I'm being impatient :)

I hope you didn't give up working on this.

OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it make sense to have a group buy of some sort going where I get several orders of specific button configurations, get the parts and have them ready by a certain date?

I know some of you are looking for plain buttons and others are looking for engraved and specific colors. Getting one-off orders done is not very economical for anyone :)

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does it make sense to have a group buy of some sort going where I get several orders of specific button configurations, get the parts and have them ready by a certain date?

I know some of you are looking for plain buttons and others are looking for engraved and specific colors. Getting one-off orders done is not very economical for anyone :)

I'd commit to an order for unmarked buttons

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'd buy a number of modules that plug in, act as EBs and have relays with NO/NC contacts.....but I already said it before. :)

OP
OP
_AV

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. I'd need 15 orders for unmarked buttons to make the parts order work. Anyone else?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Alright. I'd need 15 orders for unmarked buttons to make the parts order work. Anyone else?

If I didn't already do everything the long way with bunch of PM1s and custom button boxes I would be all over this.

For everyone else, this is the best solution out there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back