Noticing a trend.

Pfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there many long time users of this forum? I only ask because I am noticing that most replies are made by members that have only been on here for a couple months. Maybe all the vets hang out in a specific section mostly, i dont know. I choose my threads by clicking the new posts tab and the unanswered threads tab.
This is not a negative comment, just a curiosity of mine.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a lot of vet members but we get new members everyday so after a while there are a lot more newer members than veteran ones

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all depends most hang back before interjecting an "opinion" or a recommendation... with age comes wisdom ;).
but as noted above "we get new members everyday so after a while there are a lot more newer members than veteran" so you will see them replying more often.
also some of the members, while newer to this site most certainly are not new to reefing and have a vast wealth of experience along with"how to":).

Last edited:

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I am considered a vet or newer member, but most of the time when I get to a new post, it already has 10 replies answering the OPs question....no reason to reply lol.

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if I am considered a vet or newer member, but most of the time when I get to a new post, it already has 10 replies answering the OPs question....no reason to reply lol.

Depends, sometimes you can provide a different point of view on the topic or solution to the OP's dilemma. It seems a lot of the time its repetitive answers, to repetitive threads.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus, you may be a vet from another site per login years. this is another reason why I like the open linking/info exchange between reef boards. referencing each other constantly only builds to the checks and balances, good ideas, bad ones and experience ranges from posters from each site
grows faster collectively in terms of innovation like that IMO.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site has grown a lot recently. Used to be you could click "new posts" and have several unanswered threads. Now they usually don't sit very long before someone replies. If a thread has multiple replies it's hard to go back and read every reply to catch up on what's been said and what hasn't. We have a lot of new members willing to help and share knowledge.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answer what I can. I go off of the New Postings list.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer members often visit the site if they have a question in mind or is looking for some answers with "search button" so when they see a thread about something they are currently experiencing or has dealt with before. They tend to answer the thread to give insight on what worked for them, or just tagging along if they have the same issue.

Vets usually have a tank thats pretty stable and got all the kinks worked out, and if something were to go wrong they usually know how to deal with it. I don't know if I am qualified as a vet but I only come on here to look at other ppl's pretty coral pictures and that I am bored at work. ;)

OP
OP
Pfisherman

Pfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its all good. This sites awesome, I've been using only local forums for several years so the shear volume of posts here is incredible to me. Lots of great people here so far. I've only been a creaper until late, now im a post ***** lol

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the reason you may see that is because new reefers are more enthusiatic about it then people that have been in the hobby for many many years.

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think this explains it. i post more on those who are asking the more simple questions. if i don't know the answer or don't have much experience i tend to follow the thread and just read what all is said.
111.jpg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 5.0%
Back