Now THAT is What I Call "Live Rock"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alaeriel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alaeriel

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
677
Reaction score
1,462
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little chunk of rock about four inches long probably just doubled the amount of life we have in the tank. At least two living clams (structural hitchhikers?), some tunicates, a Christmas tree worm, some other shy polychaete, and probably several other helpful hitchhikers! I immediately regret not buying more.

I'd love to see the invert hitchhikers you guys found on your rocks!

20210826_111707.jpg
 
Can’t beat seeded rock
 
Comes with its own risk of hitchhikers . looks like you got lucky though and got some nice filterfeeder worms
 
the chance that the rock surface is completely cycled for nitrifying bacteria is one thousand percent yes


courtesy of benthic growth visual id cycling...turns out we don't have to hit that piece with 2 ppm sustained ammonia or a rotting deli shrimp to see the proof its cycled lol. you' be amazed at how many thousands of reefers would not agree you can tell if a rock is cycled by looking at it

well, you can here.
 
Were did you find that? I ordered live rock but it was old dead rock put in the gulf 15+ years and it looks like crap when compared to what you have.
 
Where did you get it from?
Were did you find that? I ordered live rock but it was old dead rock put in the gulf 15+ years and it looks like crap when compared to what you have.

Had to pad out the order total from Salty Underground for that sweet, sweet free shipping when we saw they had berghia back in stock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new