Now which one..

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 6 ft long 18 inches wide and 16 inches tall.. I’m on my second 200 series Maxspect gyre circulating pump. I ended up adding a circulating pump on the opposite end of my tank because I started seeing a lot of algae where the gyre wasn’t reaching allllll the way down to the other side of my tank and back.. anyway, I liked the slim design of the gyre but they are pretty expensive to mess up and no longer work as fast as my two have. I am now needing suggestions. I need good water movement preferably not so much that all my sands ends up at one end of my tank but moves the water good without it splashing out all over the floor.. should I purchase another gyre and buy two smaller ones or a couple of the other water moving controllers or what would you guys suggest?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 6 ft long 18 inches wide and 16 inches tall.. I’m on my second 200 series Maxspect gyre circulating pump. I ended up adding a circulating pump on the opposite end of my tank because I started seeing a lot of algae where the gyre wasn’t reaching allllll the way down to the other side of my tank and back.. anyway, I liked the slim design of the gyre but they are pretty expensive to mess up and no longer work as fast as my two have. I am now needing suggestions. I need good water movement preferably not so much that all my sands ends up at one end of my tank but moves the water good without it splashing out all over the floor.. should I purchase another gyre and buy two smaller ones or a couple of the other water moving controllers or what would you guys suggest?
Tunze Stream3 for the win!
Tunze Stream3

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok how is one that has a stream coming from one small area better than say the macspect? Unless I purchase several of them.. we all
Know how expensive they are..

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a long narrow tank too, 96 x x22 x12 high i have the biggest jebvo crossflow at one end and 2 bigger old tunze streams at the other end. i like randomness of having both, i will eventually put more stream pumps in once corals mature on a longer tank would go with bigger pumps in general whatever brand you end up with .

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does

Do you have any problems with the direct motion like because it comes out of a nozzle instead of more wide spread like the maxspect
My tank is a peninsula and I have two mp40s at the overflow end and I was using the maxspect at the other end and eventually disconnected it because I did not see the benefit. My tank is 55” long so the two mp40s provide excellent water flow in my tank. I have them set slightly above my rocks Using reefcrest most of the day.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a peninsula and I have two mp40s at the overflow end and I was using the maxspect at the other end and eventually disconnected it because I did not see the benefit. My tank is 55” long so the two mp40s provide excellent water flow in my tank. I have them set slightly above my rocks Using reefcrest most of the day.
Both on one end?

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both on one end?
Yeah, that’s how I have it set up. they are placed around the upper 2/3 part of the glass and the flow reaches everywhere. I run them at 60% in slave mode. Toccata see he it is located and the flow on my elegance and torch corals.
BF7F50A3-17F6-4C32-B15D-6B50225115C1.jpeg
FA276582-46FE-4443-B06E-9C663E530A60.jpeg
ADAA7873-042F-4416-81E6-53A2DDACA251.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back