NPS Id needed

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told it was non photsynthetic, non aggressive and not very fun to watch.
f0cb7fa4-7d44-44f9-9b7e-2227e919bd88.jpg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup snake polyps. Cool coral but bland even when open. I had good luck with them in the past. I had a dedicated 90g for nps only had 1 actinic t5 on the tank. Ryzos, dendros, sun corals, snake polyps, and a couple wire corals or corkscrew or black corals whatever they are called now. I had visions of seafans and sponges and soft nps along side the lps nps (as I call them) didnt have good luck with those but the snake polyps did fine. They are kind of like a zoa or paly, but you have to feed them when they are open.

OP
OP
saltylilthang

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup snake polyps. Cool coral but bland even when open. I had good luck with them in the past. I had a dedicated 90g for nps only had 1 actinic t5 on the tank. Ryzos, dendros, sun corals, snake polyps, and a couple wire corals or corkscrew or black corals whatever they are called now. I had visions of seafans and sponges and soft nps along side the lps nps (as I call them) didnt have good luck with those but the snake polyps did fine. They are kind of like a zoa or paly, but you have to feed them when they are open.
Thats what I was told that they are like zoa's and since I do not want zoa's they will work as a replacement. I have not seen them open but I have been watching it release a kind of shed? The sexy shrimp and hermits do like to perch on it though.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was told it was non photsynthetic, non aggressive and not very fun to watch.
f0cb7fa4-7d44-44f9-9b7e-2227e919bd88.jpg
Non aggressive but pretty invasive. Had a customer have these take hold in the back of his rockwork and took over a huge portion before he had time to notice.
Can cover over other coral and essentially suffocate them. Might be beneficial for the long term success of your take to remove or at least stick them off somewhere isolated on your sand bed.

OP
OP
saltylilthang

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non aggressive but pretty invasive. Had a customer have these take hold in the back of his rockwork and took over a huge portion before he had time to notice.
Can cover over other coral and essentially suffocate them. Might be beneficial for the long term success of your take to remove or at least stick them off somewhere isolated on your sand bed.
Gotcha they are on their own little rock so Ill put them in a corner. Thanks for the info!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Agree and they can overtake coral if within coral area

Back