NPS tankj setup.

  • Thread starter Thread starter emessier
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

emessier

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
Broad Brook, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be setting up an NPS tank and am not only gathering equipment but also am looking to gather some information on do's and don'ts for a successful set up. :smile: If anyone has an NPS tank or experience I would appreciate some tips or guidance.
 
There was a really great thread on a nps tank but can't remember where I saw it ! Anywho the guy used dosers to constantly feed the tank and also went to great lengths to also keep his po4 down using lanthanum chloride I think it's called!! Ill look for it
 
Thanks Mattl22, I got a deal on a doser from BRS on Bl;ack Friday, $49 thought that dosing to feed was probably the best way to feed. I feed my mixed reef tank at 7 or 8 pm when I get home but NPS need feeding multiple times per day. Never heard of lanthanum chloride before. I will try some research on it. Thanks
 
What species are you planning on keeping?

For nps systems it seems that consistent feeding via doser, very consistent and frequent water changes and a variety of foods is key (look at fauna dendro/seafan systems)

I will link you to some good threads when I get home.
 
Thanks Pkunk35 not sure what species I would like to get yet. I am going to check out fauna dendro/seafan systems. Gathering all the info I can before starting the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new