Nuclear Greens

viper1972

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have 3 small polyps of nukes and they are about 1/4 inch or smaller and I was wondering what is the very best way to keep them growing and spreading? They open up great. They are about 12 inches under T-5s and the water quality is fine. Everything else is open great and doing fine. I just got these nukes and want them to grow fast and big. Thanks!!

jdaven22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure there are other people that can chime in but my personal experience was that my nukes liked light more than other palys. I placed them about half way up in the tank and they grew pretty well and were a little smaller than quarter sized.

Nukes were actually one of my fastest growing polyps in my old tank. I need to grab some more.

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 years ago only Dave had them and now they are in almost every tank I see...that should tell you they are faaaaasssstttt growers LOL

Feeding them small foods like cyclopeeze seems to speed them up even more in my experience. Most lighting and flow seems to work, but higher light and flow tends to keep the polyps a bit smaller. To me it sounds like you have them in a great spot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back