Nutriants bottoming out. How much can i feed clownfish?

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates and phos are bottoming out, i don't want my chaeto to die off, so i increased feeding and reduced refugium light, and its still sitting at .01 and between 1 and 0 ppm.

How much can I drop food vollume wise, in my tank for 2 2 inch clowns, a large CBS and a few snails and a hermit?

Currently feeding about 1/5th to 1/4th cube of mysis, an algae wafer, and a 2 inch strip of nori per day.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking to raise your nutrients I would say get some neonitro and neophos from brightwell. I had the same issue and got those two to use, easy instructions to follow and raises them up. Just make sure to raise them slowly

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they're anything like my clowns, they'll eat as long as the feeder keeps rotating.

One day one of them is going to pop and a reporter outside my house is going to scream "Oh the humanity".

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you trim down your Chaeto? If not, trim it down and it won’t pull as much nutrients. This will need to become a monthly habit.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you trim down your Chaeto? If not, trim it down and it won’t pull as much nutrients. This will need to become a monthly habit.
Its still pretty small, but growing quick. I might have to, will see where I am at on nutrients tomorrow and pull some if its still going down.

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your looking to raise your nutrients I would say get some neonitro and neophos from brightwell. I had the same issue and got those two to use, easy instructions to follow and raises them up. Just make sure to raise them slowly
If it doesnt turn around before Friday I will just end up doing this. Probably not the worst thing to have on hand. I don't want to cut the photo period much because I really want the carbon extraction.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back