Nutrient question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Simonsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Simonsen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2014
Messages
243
Reaction score
207
Location
Norge
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

What levels does people aminig for in your SPS/LPS tanks?

Did measure now and feel PO4 is good but maby adjust NO3 up a bit?

IMG_8912.jpeg
 
I typically aim for less than 10 ppm Nitrate and less than 0.1ppm phosphate. Ultimately I judge on coral appearance.
 
I've seemed to settle around .1 and 25 on this build and have only had trouble when intentional deviation occurs. I find I get better colors and overall health just letting the tank do it's thing.
IMG_1487.jpg
 
Hi!

What levels does people aminig for in your SPS/LPS tanks?

Did measure now and feel PO4 is good but maby adjust NO3 up a bit?

IMG_8912.jpeg
Nitrates can go up safely to 20 and extending water changes will help that slowly climb. Phos can go to .1 safely so, in essence you are in safe range yet
 
My Goniopora don't like nitrates below 10, so I shoot for 12-15. If I let my phosphates go over .08, bubble algae goes crazy. I shoot for .03 - .06. At these levels I get the best color.
30 gallon mixed reef

IMG_20241222_224347.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new