Nutrients and the many ways you fight/control them!

What methods do you use to control nutrients in your reef? Choose all that apply!

  • Skimmer

    Votes: 808 89.1%
  • Chaeto Alage Export

    Votes: 363 40.0%
  • Alage Scrubber

    Votes: 76 8.4%
  • Refugium

    Votes: 421 46.4%
  • Media in Reactors

    Votes: 228 25.1%
  • Vodka Dosing

    Votes: 87 9.6%
  • Controlled Feeding

    Votes: 203 22.4%
  • Bio-Pellets

    Votes: 48 5.3%
  • Nitrate Reactor

    Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Water Changes

    Votes: 655 72.2%
  • Other please post in thread

    Votes: 30 3.3%
  • Filter Socks

    Votes: 408 45.0%

  • Total voters
    907
Two oversized skimmers, refugium, no chaeto, 30 Pacific oysters, DIY D.E.filtration, starting some ozone, heavy feeding, NPS corals.
Forgot, no water changes.
20190516_075858.jpg


SAM_1930.JPG


20190406_000027.jpg
Awesome! I have a Pico NPS hospital tank. I usually get the NPS from LFSs when no one else will buy them. I have an oversized HOB, in which are two sponges, two nitrate filter pads and a nano Chemipure bag as needed. Water change of 20-40% every 3-4 days. Do you have a thread somewhere. Would love to connect.
 
Awesome! I have a Pico NPS hospital tank. I usually get the NPS from LFSs when no one else will buy them. I have an oversized HOB, in which are two sponges, two nitrate filter pads and a nano Chemipure bag as needed. Water change of 20-40% every 3-4 days. Do you have a thread somewhere. Would love to connect.
Look at my profile, it shows my threads. One new thread is setting up D.E. filtration for NPS corals.
Thanks for interest in NPS, comrade
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new