Nutrients Are Confusing

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its an IM AIO so no sump. My second compartment just has matrix in it and I've definitely been considering the fuge option. Everyone seems to say skimmer over fuge though if you have to pick one. Kind of funny considering you can't buy a well-reviewed nano skimmer.

To consider. Many people buy nano tanks because to the lower cost, but also the charm and simplicity of a small AIO. However, before long things tend to get added and the aquarium starts looking like a mini-me version of a big system, albeit with 10x the difficulty of keeping all the small stuff going and the system in balance. A few months or possible a year or two is all that most make it without shutting it down or upgrading.

In closing, IMO and IME, keeping the system as simple as possible while still correctly providing for the needs of the animals is key for not only longevity, but also for the most enjoyment/least amount of frustration. If I had employed all the various gismos, products and 'methods' available for my 12g, I surely wouldn't have enjoyed the tank nearly as much as I do, let alone made it past 12 years of continuous operation.

Best of luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back