Nuvo 10 (reef attempt round 2)

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about 3 years ago I set up a nano reef in a standard 10 gallon with some soft corals, a goby shrimp pair, and some inverts. Like all brand new reefers I had some struggles but overall I was mostly successful, until I made the mistake of adding a pink streak wrasse that threw off the microbiome of the whole tank and it turned into an ugly algae filled mess. I tore it down a little over a year ago to start a job that had me traveling frequently for up to 2 weeks at a time.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when my partner and I were checking out LFS in the city we moved to. She's become an accomplished aquarist herself, breeding challenging freshwater species and keeping beautiful planted tanks. So when we ran into a used nuvo 10, the works included, for sale at one of the LFS, we jumped on it; I'm confident she can (and is more than happy to) keep it running when I'm away.

I added the first inhabitants today: a yasha goby, a randalli pistol shrimp, and a frag of twizzler zoas. I would still consider myself green at this so this will very much be a noobs journey in reefing! The plan is a soft coral focused tank with maybe a big toadstool and some zoas. I will add some cuc when theres more for them to eat, some sexy anemone shrimp, and maybe one more fish.

Tank is a nuvo 10 with stock pump and a kessil A80 light.

Hopefully in due time I'll have something cool to show off!
20220830_180452.jpg
20220830_180448.jpg 20220830_180438.jpg 20220830_180421.jpg

Alycia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look forward to seeing more! I love how the rockscape looks so far

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back