Nuvo 20 gallon LPS tank.

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone.
Two weeks ago I started up a Nuvo 20 as a replacement home (to replace a 40 breeder that was in my basement and ugly) for my clown who I didn't have the heart to get rid of when I broke down his old home. I'm keeping this tank simple and sweet. I did a 40% wc this weekend and added some corals. Heres a short video of the tank this morning before the lights came on. I just ordered the Maxspect Ethereal after weighing some of my options and set that up this weekend before adding the corals. For now I've added two types of Zoas, a hairy mushroom, Trumpet, and a Xenia colony. Will continue to monitor and post updates as things change for this tank.
The plan for now is biweekly water changes for 20-30% when I do changes with my bigger tanks. I'm going to try to stay away from too many corals with a skeleton to prevent the need for dosing, would like to rely on water changes if at all possible.
Let me know what you think and feel free to ask questions I'll be answering them as they come in!

I should also note that for right now there is no skimmer and no media. What do you guys recommend for the back chambers of this size of tank? Believe the clown and CUC will be the only bioload for this tank, maybe something else in the future...
Feel free to also check out my other videos, my channel is in my signature.

OP
OP
PAXpress

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else had an issue with their pump on this tank rattling? Anyone upgraded their pump?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pump does not rattle, I am still using the stock pump.

Tanks looks really good BTW, I like what you did with the Tongan branch rock. :)

OP
OP
PAXpress

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the pile of rocks on the left isn't permanent . I had the Tonga and large rock out of the water for probably 2 hours while I was gluing and epoxying it together, and was afraid that the tank would get an ammo spike so I put in the rubble for extra live media. I was an idiot and didnt save my receipt so even though the tank is only 3 weeks old I'll either have to buy a new pump, deal with the rattle or upgrade. Maybe it just needs to be taken apart and cleaned... Strange for a pump that new to need that. I was thinking of doing 2 small pumps that way if one clogs and fails then there is still a bit of flow throughout until I resolve the issue...
Thanks for the compliment. I think it will look nice once it looks more... natural I guess? The colors of the epoxy on the dry rock is just not very aesthetically appeasing imo. Time will tell. I'll probably put a chalice or something on there and get that to make it look better!

OP
OP
PAXpress

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That xenia you can see in the video doesnt seem to be happy still. I moved him to the corner where he would receive less flow thinking that might help. Will give it time and see. Others seem to be doing good, still havent done anything with the pump or with a lid to prevent as much evaporation. Maybe soon when I get some time.

OP
OP
PAXpress

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water changes tonight. SW is mixed and heated ready to go!

OP
OP
PAXpress

PAXpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be the max amount of fish you guys would put in this size of tank?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 96 80.7%
  • Other.

Back