Nuvo 20 on Ikeas Brimnes

Methodzx860

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2021
Messages
173
Reaction score
90
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

So I've been meaning to set my tank up for sometime now but have been hesitant due to the stand.

I'm using an Ikea Brimnes.

I've done some research and have seen some people use it successfully as is. Other recommending reinforcement .

This is the setup with the rocks and sand.

I had my girl sit on the top of the stand and she's similar in weight as to what it would be after the waters added.


Just looking for some other opinions or suggestions.

No kids in the house or animals that could cause trouble.

Thanks!

20210606_112305.jpg
 
personally I would reinforce it. there are some how do on the web. not the same stand but the idea is the same.

I know wood is $$$ right now but it's a lot cheaper than replacing the tank/stand fish and corals + the mess and stress.

just my 2 cents.
 
+1 on reinforcing. I had a "made for the tank" cad lights stand which was much thicker and heavier than anything Ikea, start to bow within a couple months. Couldn't even imagine if it gave out.
Good luck - great tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new