NUVO Fusion 10g

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today I got all of my goodies and put up my first nano tank at work on my desk.

I have to say that I love the Fusion so far. Clean and simple.

Equipment:
Fusion 10g
Kessil A160w Tuna Blue
Auqa Gadgets Ghost Skimmer
NeoTherm Cobalt 50w Heater
Tunze Nano Osmolator

I have decided if I will add a powerhead or not. I am waiting for the water to clear.

My display at home is too bright and has too much flow for several interesting softies.

Thinking about some nice shrooms with low flow to let them go nuts.

Will be adding my snowflake pair and and anemone to make them happy.

Let me know if you have any tips :) But I will stop in a post as I get some corals and add anything along the way.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting
ultra clean lines there

that is just beyond clean. the light w last forever basically and allow you to grow anything you need, wish that one was in my living room!
B

Last edited:
OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped in to the office today and it was a bit clearer. Lots of micro bubbles that will likely be a pain, but we will see if the skimmer breaks in over this week. I have a suspicion it is the culprit.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water has been clear 6 days now. No signs of any strange cycling. Used water from my display at home, some of the Arag-Alive and a marco rock. Not really sure what to expect on the cycle. Quick pics. A peak under the hood as it were.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fending off some cyano at the moment, but here are my clowns and goby. Midnight Clown and Snowflake, both tank raised of course! Randalls Goby with a candy stripe pistol somwhere hiding :) Also have a few shrooms and some zoas. This iPhone has a great cam but just not easy to see the colors with all the blue!

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is AWESOME. I have a nuvo 8G setup for 2 yrs now and now I want to go buy this same setup and put it on my work desk. I think you need a macro algae in there for some nutrient exports, with that bioload which is really high for the 10G :) you are going to have problems with phosphates... I think...

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my Santa Monica Drop .5. I don't have experience with this product yet, but I have high hopes. Not really sure the skimmer is all that effective at the moment. In debate about just using the algae scrubber and filter floss with some carbon. Also trying to decide on a powerhead. Think the MP10 QD, but the small Jebao seems decent also. Definitely a lot of life in this little tank and I will have a challenge with nutrients I know, but I will work it out :) Just need to keep trying a few things. Until then, consistent water changes are a must.

Nanoman - Tank looks good! I see you aren't using a skimmer. I am leaning that way.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool tank!

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev :) Looking forward to sharing my new build at the end of this year. Just started building a new house and I am going to do a 180g built in. This one is keeping me involved until then.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back