Nuvo Fusion 20 Build

How do you clean your filter socks? I've washed mine in the laundry machine once and it didn't damage it but I also couldn't flip it inside out, which I would do on the bigger ones, and idk how good it is for the plastic.
 
How do you clean your filter socks? I've washed mine in the laundry machine once and it didn't damage it but I also couldn't flip it inside out, which I would do on the bigger ones, and idk how good it is for the plastic.
I actually run them under the bathtub faucet. I like to live dangerously! I rinse them in rodi after though. Works well. I hate not being able to turn them inside out. I don't use scolding hot water though, it will melt the adhesive at the top.
 
How do you clean your filter socks? I've washed mine in the laundry machine once and it didn't damage it but I also couldn't flip it inside out, which I would do on the bigger ones, and idk how good it is for the plastic.
I've got two of them. I swap them every three days.
 
How do you clean your filter socks? I've washed mine in the laundry machine once and it didn't damage it but I also couldn't flip it inside out, which I would do on the bigger ones, and idk how good it is for the plastic.
Forgot to mention the morning before I change them I hit the rocks good with a turkey baster and switch the mp10 to nutrient export mode. This way my filter feeders get fed heavily every three days.
 
Short tentacle plate

20160920_130922.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new