NY Aquatic (in store purchase)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lenny_S
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lenny_S

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2015
Messages
796
Reaction score
396
Location
Dutchess County, NY
Just got back from @NYAquatic with 7 Dispbar Anthias and a Bellus Angel. The owner, Mike was really a nice guy, and very flexible and accommodating. His warehouse is huge, a few thousand square feet it looked like. The fish section was packed 3 tiers high with tanks. I got there just as he opened and was really impressed with the volume, quality, and quantity of livestock. I couldn't say for sure, but looked like hundreds of fish, several hundred. All the fish were very active, plump, and very healthy looking. Of the hundreds of fish there, and I closely inspected all of them, there was one injured fish, and maybe 4-5 dead ones. To me that is impressive! He just got there, so couldn't have time to find them and scoop them out. And that number is maybe 1% or less of the total livestock.
For fish, I have to give @NYAquatic a high recommendation for anyone looking for healthy quality specimens. His packaging setup was top notch too. I also noticed much more in the tanks than what was listed on the site. So if you're looking for something you don't see, I'd drop Mike a PM, he may in fact have what you're looking for.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new