• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY Aquatic Reviews?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone personally bought a fish from this guy? I've read really good and really bad reviews on various websites on this guy with no consistency. Any opinions would be great!

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought 3 fish from them! A Blue Line Angelfish that arrived DOA and I was refunded. A Africanus Angel that came in with a sickness and died after 15 days. He refunded the money even though it was past the 14 days. And last but not least I ordered a Joculator Angelfish that came in healthy and is doing great. I would order from them again because they have some very nice rare fish. Hopefully this helps.

OP
OP
robby2782

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thanks! He seemed rude when I emailed him, and many people on RCentral have said the same from what I've seen there. It seems like a lot of people complained about how the fish was packed. On the other side of reviews, I've seen where people compliment the quality he has. I guess I'll check him out. He has some great prices.

c.declivisowner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he has great prices. He isn't terribly rude but he not very talkative and he's very matter of fact but he has always been very fair with me.

OP
OP
robby2782

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great input...thank you. Unfortunately first impressions are a reality until you know the person.

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order a purpletang and a borbonius anthias, both came looking pretty bad, the anthias died about 2 days later. He gave me credit for anthias.

OP
OP
robby2782

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the other forum, the other guy complained how bad his Borb looked when it arrived. He said that not only did the one he ordered died, but the replacement died too.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from him a number of years back and the fish didn't make it. One was an Emporer Angel that came in unhealthy it didn't last two day; I did get a refund. I cannot recall what the other fish I ordered was, but it was smaller than expected and didn't live very long.
During shipping, water had leaked from one of the bags and got the heating pack wet, which caused the water to get cold.
He did honor his warranty, but I won't order again.

OP
OP
robby2782

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've heard similar reviews to that too. I was hoping to hear more encouraging experiences.

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since there is so may negative reviews in different forum, maybe you should order from other online vendor. Live aquaria by far is the best online vendor. They have excellent customer service, good pack, and the fish quality is good especially those from DD. Their non DD fish can also be hit and miss. however, LA honor full refund without any problems.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, Japanese Borbonius Anthias are shy and easily stressed. In all fairness, I have ordered from NY Aquatics and the fish were well packed. All emails were courteous.

robsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks like more bad then good ...but at least everyone was taking care of and refunded or replaced I never ordered from him before but I think I would if he had something I really wanted and that's only BC he seems to keep good business

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
robby2782

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, Japanese Borbonius Anthias are shy and easily stressed. In all fairness, I have ordered from NY Aquatics and the fish were well packed. All emails were courteous.

How did your fish wind up? I'm still on the fence but don't know if it's worth the risk.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are doing fine! One in my nano cube in my office. One in acclimation tank.

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would. I have received DOA's and fish that are unwell from other popular vendors also. The key to ordering any fish is to keep them in quarantine.

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from NYaquatic a few times, I was never really happy with the quality of his fish, they always came in very skinny looking which I don't like, most died on me from him...

On the other hand I've ordered a good amount of times from DD and I could honestly say they were always the best conditioned fish that I have ever purchased, I never had one casualty from DD... Definitely worth the extra $$!

Sent using Razr Maxx, excuse any typo's!

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from NYaquatic a few times, I was never really happy with the quality of his fish, they always came in very skinny looking which I don't like, most died on me from him...

On the other hand I've ordered a good amount of times from DD and I could honestly say they were always the best conditioned fish that I have ever purchased, I never had one casualty from DD... Definitely worth the extra $$!

Sent using Razr Maxx, excuse any typo's!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 76 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back