• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY Aquatic Reviews?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
robby2782

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you on Diver's Den, but I don't understand why NY Aquatic wouldn't take care of their fish if they sell high end.

jaa1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my first order with Nyaquatic this past week. I originally wanted the golden angel that was on his site. I called Michael first to ask a few questions about the Golden. They are finicky fish and the survival rate is low. Well I was satisfied with all of the answers I received. The fish was bought on Tuesday but we agreed to not ship until Thursday for a Friday delivery. I received an email from Michael stating the Golden wasn't looking good and he would rather not ship it out. So instead I took the Flameback that was on his site after confirming it was eating. The box arrived packed nicely, although in this weather I think it should have had another heat pack. Well the Flameback is in QT and already eating pellets, which it wasn't fed in his shop. It's still shy in the QT but that is expected.

Jay4Robin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a few times. The first poor packaging. Fish was half dead he refunded me. Tried again and for a few fish and one was not put in the bag and received water and he credited me. I just drive to TFP from now on or use Live Aquatics or even Blue Zoo. They all seem to have healthy stock and great customer service.

Yariel0527

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I place a order of 4 fish they all died in a matter of days they credited me for two of them (pair of swalowtail angelfish) I hot the replacement fiish they died too I noticed that the fish where sick and got the fish I had on my 75g quarantine sick too won't recoment to buy from this guy I prefer DD NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THERE FISH...

Quinn123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please do not order from this place. i order a male masked swallow tail and watanabei angel, the masked swallow tail arrived DOA, the watanabei died with three day later. got store credit, so i order another masked swallow tail and a venustus angelfish from the store credit. the venustus died within a few hours, the masked swallow tail he sent in replacement was a female. i sent him a email never mind on the store credit for the dead venustus angle fish, because i will never ever order from him again.

sr7665

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The owner, Michael Stern, is extremely rude to his customers. I don't know how he stays in business. He double charged me for an order on my credit card. When I asked for a charge reversal he called me an idiot. His fish are not healthy and have about a 50% chance of making it past the 14 day guarantee. I have kept fish for over 40 years and this guy is the worst vendor I have ever dealt with. Stay away!

NYAquatic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
The owner, Michael Stern, is extremely rude to his customers. I don't know how he stays in business. He double charged me for an order on my credit card. When I asked for a charge reversal he called me an idiot. His fish are not healthy and have about a 50% chance of making it past the 14 day guarantee. I have kept fish for over 40 years and this guy is the worst vendor I have ever dealt with. Stay away!

I know it's a mistake to entertain these ridiculous posts and respond to them, but I just can't help myself.

It's hysterical how someone who's dishonest and or mentally challenged can spin a story 180 degrees.
Here are the facts.
He placed an order, and during 14 days killed the fish. No hassle (he's done this many many times before), credit issued.
He then places an order, intending to use his credit, but doesn't log into his account to access credit.
He then pays for the order with his credit card. Doesn't reach out to me to find out why credit not being applied. Just pays for the order.
I ship and he receives the replacement item no problem.
A number of days later, I guess he gets his credit card statement and sees the charge for second order (again, I have NO access to his credit card info. He placed the order, saw the total, entered his CC).
He then emails me accusing me of double billing and charging him for replacement order.
I calmly explain that I didn't take his CC info, he did it all himself.
I offer to pull the credit from his account to offset the 2nd order, and refund his payment.
He then informs me he already filed a chargeback with his CC company for unauthorized charge.
what the heck?
He placed the order, paid w credit card, etc, and now I get hit with $40 chargeback fee.
Good riddance.

But wait, I then get notice from my credit card processor that he filed chargebacks on BOTH orders. The initial one that he already got credit for, and the replacement.
I'm now out $80, and and still working to get the initial one overturned. I've wasted so much time on this it's absurd.

When I brought this to his attention, all he could say was that he didn't file 2 chargebacks.
I sent him the printout showing both chargebacks and still no acknowledgement, no apology, no effort to contact his CC company to fix this.
Just this BS post.
And yes, THAT'S when I called him an idiot.

Luckily, he's someone else's problem now.

NYAquatic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Oh yeah, this class act also threatens to come beat me up LOL

Takes one to know one. Get your facts straight before you make accusations. Next time I'm in Yonkers we will settle this in the parking lot. Guarantee it will be the last time you insult anybody

Lifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, this class act also threatens to come beat me up LOL

Next time I'm in Yonkers we will settle this in the parking lot. Guarantee it will be the last time you insult anybody
You know I don't know anything about what happened but I owned a business for years and had several idiots too but I would never ever threatened to beat someone up in a parking lot or anywhere else. Sorry you lost another possible customer!

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is horrible. I buy so much live stock online. He shipped me a Regal Angle 2 weeks ago that clearly had flukes. I have a well known professional service my tank sometimes because I travel. As soon as he saw the fish he told me it has flukes. He took the fish to his shop and the fish didn't make it. I tell Michael about it and this is his response.

You need to understand what it looks like from my end.

1) Fish was moved to at least 3 different systems over 10 days (main tank, frag tank, store)
2) No mention to me of flukes or any other health issues until 10 days after arrival and death.
3) You say you weren't around much and Vince was taking care of it. In fact, the fish died at his shop??? And then he "confirms" it was flukes that it came in with? As opposed to taking responsibility himself.

Neither did I or someone else neglect the fish. I gave to a professional who he can really stand to learn something for and instead he spun the story and blamed it on someone else. I wish I would have done some research. I usually get everything from somewhere else and totally forgot that these characters are still around in the hobby. Mind you he doesn't replace Regal's as per his site guidelines and that's fine. Had he have been less defensive and didn't try to blame everyone but himself I would have purchased form him again if he had something I couldn't find. What a waste of $300.00! I out the fish in my tank in an acclimation box, he wasn't doing well so I put him in my frag tank which is on the same system so we finally take him out to get him treated and now "he can't understand"! Oh and I didn't tell him it died after 10 days like he says. I told him it died when it did which was 10 days later but he knows how to twist things. He also had 2 regals on his site one misbar for 300 and one regular. As soon as I purchased the disbar they were both out of stock. Because the misbar is misbrand on one side and not the other so he photographed the same fish and hoped the more expensive picture would see which is what happened. I usually don't do this but this guy really got to me. Do you self a favor if you don't wan to flush your money down the toiler STAY AWAY!

NYAquatic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
You got me, that was the 1 and only regal I sold.
I sell 5-10 a week, both regular and misbars.
misbars wysiwyg.

Fish died after 10 days, being moved around, and ultimately died in someone else's care, who then decided it was flukes.
I know you'd like to somehow blame me for this, but it's just silly.

mk4fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased from NyAquatics recently and the fish were healthy and eating but did have a real bad case of flukes. Unfortunately for me both fish died after the 14 day warranty period. I tried to treat with prazipro but did not realize this strain of fluke is only killed by hyposalinity.

Anywhere you buy fish from can have flukes, so would I buy from him again. Yes, but I would make sure to QT everything which i should have been doing in the first place.

my 2 cents...

Pathik Poddar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys faced any issue with nyaquatic products? I ordered multiple time from them but last 2 shipment were not good.

98dak83cam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd stay away. The 14 day is pretty conditional... While he was not rude I also didn't push too hard. Not a place I even wanted replacements from. I just found he had every reason to not be liable to replace the fish no matter how much I explained his theory was not true. I won't be going back.
By the way - this is the first negative review I've left, which says something. I just don't want to see other people have a bad experience.

Pathik Poddar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a trust with him. But last 2 shipment he proved me I was wrong. He started selling unhealthy fish and don't care about customer service, don't respond on the email. It's time to find out some other good online seller.
Do you know any good online seller?

Malego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently have made several purchases and have had no problems. Mike has a large and different selection. Fish that you do not often see in a store. All are doing fine and I have had no parasite problems with any of the fish. Prices are very good. Highly recommend.

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I place a order with him 2 months ago 2 purple tangs and a Jev emperor and all 3 fish came well package and perfect health. They are doing great and the purples are getting along with my two yellow and my blue. It might be hit or miss with him. But for me it was a hit.

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Zoo's pretty good? Never tried them either
Blue zoo is awesome I have been ordering from them for 6+ years. Never a DOA. I feel like they don’t get enough credit because they aren’t on R2R. i got lucky and the day the Hawaii ban went into place I picked up two yellow tangs one was for $125 and the other was free since I ordered over $300. It was a steel plus I got free shipping.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back