• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY aquatic positive review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Fulati Paerhati and I would like to provide my true positive review for NY aquatic, specially Michael.

I have been purchasing reef safe fish from @NYAquatic fro the past 3 month. I will say 90% if the fish in my display are came from NYAquatic( Achilies, 9 evensi Anthias, Hippo tang, purpel tang, Borbonius Anthais, white tail Kole tang, Gem tang, wrasses, etc )
Most of them come very healthy. I did get 1 dead fish because of the delay of shipping from ups, but Michael was not hesitated to replace it instantly. I also have 3 fish died during qt process, and Michael did not even hesitate before honoring the 14 days love guaranteed policy they have. I probably asked Michael 100s of question via call or text, he alway been patient and detail when he answering.
I seen some bad reviews on NY aquatics in this form, I was hesitant before do my first order because of those review. But now, I am 100% sure that my next fish will come from NyAquatic.
Nyaquatic always have great sales. I got my gem tang for 200 bucks from them. I got my evensi Anthias at the price of 20 bucks.
Thank you @NYAquatic for providing such a great price range for all the folk in this hobby to be able to afford it the dream fish.
Thank you

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What nice things to post about.

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get any customer service? I don't have a ship date, I've emailed to gain info about it. I've called, no answer. Don't think I will be dealing with them no more

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get any customer service? I don't have a ship date, I've emailed to gain info about it. I've called, no answer. Don't think I will be dealing with them no more

Try contacting through their Facebook page/messenger. I usually get a quicker response via Messenger.

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need yall advice. So finally got in touch and they stated he was uncomfortable shipping the fish, wanting to keep an eye on it. Okay, not a problem with that. But what I do have a problem with is he ask me was Monday (yesterday) was good for shipping for Tuesday delivery. I said yes, well I just got a notification that the shipping label just got created meaning delivery for tomorrow, not today. Well my family and I will be out of town for the next days. I have a radiant wrasse along with couple other fish. What to do? Did I just lose my money? This totally bad business.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive worked with Mike numerous times and Never ever had an issue with him and if any issue, was on the transporter due to delay or box damage.
Highly recommended and no surprise shipping costs. I too recommend @NYAquatics

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive worked with Mike numerous times and Never ever had an issue with him and if any issue, was on the transporter due to delay or box damage.
Highly recommended and no surprise shipping costs. I too recommend @NYAquatics
This is not on the delivery company. This on him. Why did he not ship my fish when he said he was? He asked me which day to make it even worst.

Terrible business!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is not on the delivery company. This on him. Why did he not ship my fish when he said he was? He asked me which day to make it even worst.

Terrible business!!!
Never had that issue but I urge you to call him. Ive never had an issue reaching him

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Terrible business!!!
Can you contact them and ask them not to ship? Creating the label doesn't mean they shipped it yet. Often times they create the label and then actually pack and ship the fish later that day.

I know you didn't create the issue, but I also recommend not having something delivered the day before you will be gone for a few days. UPS and Fedex have had a lot of issues lately with packages getting delayed recently. I would think you would also want to be around to observe any fish for a few days once you receive it.

hunterallen40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also going to vouch for them. They are good people, and they sell great fish. I have not had any issues with them, and have ordered many fish from them.

I 100% recommend NYAquatic

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only a few minor complaints I have is that I normally get big fish and his sizes run small and tends to be slow in communicating.. he has good prices and does honor his guarantee ..

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you contact them and ask them not to ship? Creating the label doesn't mean they shipped it yet. Often times they create the label and then actually pack and ship the fish later that day.

I know you didn't create the issue, but I also recommend not having something delivered the day before you will be gone for a few days. UPS and Fedex have had a lot of issues lately with packages getting delayed recently. I would think you would also want to be around to observe any fish for a few days once you receive it.
Thank you all for the info/suggestions. I want to say I'm sorry for the rant. Finally, got in touch with them after about 35 attempts (literally since last week) according to my recent call data. That is the case with them that they create the label in the morning for shipping later that night. This first time with them and first i have seen it like that. Other vendors im use to seeing the shipped email late the night before. He did mentioned that they should have been shipped yesterday. He made it right.

Yes, I should not receive fish the day before I leave out of town and i dont, but this is a family emergency that was totally unexpected and my order was in last week. Plus i want this fish bad and finally everything fell into place with it being on sale and my QT being free.

So once again, my apologies to everyone. I was nervous about losing out on my money.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the info/suggestions. I want to say I'm sorry for the rant. Finally, got in touch with them after about 35 attempts (literally since last week) according to my recent call data. That is the case with them that they create the label in the morning for shipping later that night. This first time with them and first i have seen it like that. Other vendors im use to seeing the shipped email late the night before. He did mentioned that they should have been shipped yesterday. He made it right.

Yes, I should not receive fish the day before I leave out of town and i dont, but this is a family emergency that was totally unexpected and my order was in last week. Plus i want this fish bad and finally everything fell into place with it being on sale and my QT being free.

So once again, my apologies to everyone. I was nervous about losing out on my money.
No worries at all, been there myself so I know the feeling. Glad to hear they are getting it worked out for you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back