NYAquatic?

cane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever ordered from NY Aquatic? There prices look really good but what are you guys experiences with them if any?

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from him for at least 10 years... Very strong... 14 day guarantee is great...?

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to order from them once but shipping was about $73 for just one box. It just didn’t make sense and made any guarantees pretty much worthless since you would have to pay shipping to replace any losses.

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never ordered for them so can't say but before you do check out the vendor feedback form for ny aquatic. Lots of unhappy customers and a lot of times the vendor was rude to them while responding to the thread. I've also heard a lot of people recommend them though.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a purple tang during a $49 special. Beautiful fish - not sure what happened but he didn't eat or make it past the 4th day. Fish was replaced no questions asked with a larger one. The second one ate like a beast, made it through QT and is beautiful in my display. Great experience with NY Aquatic.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never ordered for them so can't say but before you do check out the vendor feedback form for ny aquatic. Lots of unhappy customers and a lot of times the vendor was rude to them while responding to the thread. I've also heard a lot of people recommend them though.

I had seen that also before I decided to buy from him. I don't think Michael is trying to win any popularity contests and he basically just tells it like he sees it. But the guy knows fish, stands behind his livestock, and has some outstanding prices.

Hell, who cares if the cook is grumpy if the BBQ is delicious? :D

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best communication or customer service, but great selection, great prices and healthy livestock. I live nearby so shipping is not outrageous.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best communication or customer service, but great selection, great prices and healthy livestock. I live nearby so shipping is not outrageous.

Exactly what I was going to say .......

DipSpit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a purple tang and a leopard wrasse from him some time ago. Great purchase and healthy fish!

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ordered 3 purple tangs from him. The fish were great and ate immediately. Very healthy. I'll order from him again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back