NYAquatic?

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still to much for me. Retired & on limited budget. lol
Me too. :) GM pension. McCoskers flasher is about my speed these days. Wifey will sometimes ok more. I actually did get a diamond tail from NYA about 5 years ago while I was still working. About $250 back then. Very nice fish.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. :) GM pension. McCoskers flasher is about my speed these days. Wifey will sometimes ok more. I actually did get a diamond tail from NYA about 5 years ago while I was still working. About $250 back then. Very nice fish.

John Deere for me, My best is a Chevron Tang that I got for $85 Dollars from Petco believe it or not, have had it for 9 months & counting. The wife keeps me in check but will sometimes buy something herself if it's interesting enough. lol

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two purple tangs and a bobonius anthia last Wednesday. You can’t beat the purple tang price. He sent me fat healthy larger than advertised specimens. The bobonius, well, it was beautiful, large, just gorgeous.... it made it little more than two days... Since then we’ve gone back and forth via PMs, but I don’t know if he is going to help me out or if I’m out 150 bucks. He seems like a good guy, but isn’t answering what, if anything he will do to right it. To be fair I don’t think the anthia is technically covered, but two days is really sad. Hoping to reach some kind of fair compromise. So, tldr, I want to think it’s great and I’ll order again, but I’d like to reach a decent resolution on the anthia (I’m willing to wait until next year for a replacement) before I give a final verdict. Also, to be fair, I don’t think it died because of him or me, I think it was just stressed out from shipping, but that’s part of the game, so we will see where it goes and I’ll keep you posted.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two purple tangs and a bobonius anthia last Wednesday. You can’t beat the purple tang price. He sent me fat healthy larger than advertised specimens. The bobonius, well, it was beautiful, large, just gorgeous.... it made it little more than two days... Since then we’ve gone back and forth via PMs, but I don’t know if he is going to help me out or if I’m out 150 bucks. He seems like a good guy, but isn’t answering what, if anything he will do to right it. To be fair I don’t think the anthia is technically covered, but two days is really sad. Hoping to reach some kind of fair compromise. So, tldr, I want to think it’s great and I’ll order again, but I’d like to reach a decent resolution on the anthia (I’m willing to wait until next year for a replacement) before I give a final verdict. Also, to be fair, I don’t think it died because of him or me, I think it was just stressed out from shipping, but that’s part of the game, so we will see where it goes and I’ll keep you posted.

Isn't the borbonius live arrival guarantee only?

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't the borbonius live arrival guarantee only?
Reread my post, I address that. I get the sense he may be willing to work with me in some capacity to establish a long term customer. It would be above and beyond in some ways, but it would benefit us both. 48 hours is pretty sad. The tangs are doing wonderfully, same QT. He hasn’t fully answered me yet.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fair compromise are you looking for? He met his end of the deal by providing a fish that arrived alive. You knew it was a live arrival guarantee only and it arrived alive.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fair compromise are you looking for? He met his end of the deal by providing a fish that arrived alive. You knew it was a live arrival guarantee only and it arrived alive.

OP asked for experiences with NyAquatic. I wrote a comment detailing my mostly positive experience with the company and Michael last week. I was clear that it’s within his rights to do nothing for me and my 48 hour anthia, but that I have hope that he may extend a gesture of goodwill to me on a future order, and that I feel it would be mutually beneficial to do so (I’d very likely purchase more at that time and after). He may decide to do nothing for me, that’s up to him, and technically, I know that he has no such obligation (as I wrote, very clearly, in my very first post on the topic).

Again, I’ve reported a largely positive experience with Michael thus far, and that he appears open to going above and beyond his base obligation to help take some sting out of my loss, but I don’t know if he will yet, as communication is spotty. I also detailed the fish were beautiful and larger than advertised. That is my experience thus far.

This isn’t a litigation forum, and you aren’t my judge or jury. I’m free to express that I’m not thrilled that a very expensive fish (to me at least) lasted only two days (and I was clear I don’t blame him for it, but that simply sucks under any circumstance), and that I have hope Michael may also see a two day survival time as worthy of some consideration on a future order. So give it a rest, please.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NY is a great vendor, IME

Back