Nyos opus 440 g2 vs IM 100 ext?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like some features and the looks of the boys opus 440, but I haven’t found much online. Anyone have insights into which is a better/more durable tank between that and IM 100 ext?

Maxcito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t speak on the opus, I’ve seen them in person but that’s it. Beautiful tanks, and the dark blue back panel is something different and imo very nice. I have a IM 40 ext and love it, amazing build quality(better than my Red Sea max nano).

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have never seen the opus but IM makes amazing tanks. All around great build quality at a great price. I have an ext model 36 x 36 by something. The tank and stand are both great! I have had many tanks in the past including custom builds, elos and others. This is definitely up to par with those brands.

OP
OP
Reefer Dan

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t speak on the opus, I’ve seen them in person but that’s it. Beautiful tanks, and the dark blue back panel is something different and imo very nice. I have a IM 40 ext and love it, amazing build quality(better than my Red Sea max nano).
I haven’t seen one in person but the dark blue background, clear seams, and sand line hiding cabinet I think are pretty slick features.
Have never seen the opus but IM makes amazing tanks. All around great build quality at a great price. I have an ext model 36 x 36 by something. The tank and stand are both great! I have had many tanks in the past including custom builds, elos and others. This is definitely up to par with those brands.
Thanks for the input! I’ve been leaning toward the IM, but I really like some features the nyos offers. Planning to replace my RSR 350 for peace of mind and IM from what I can tell has a great track record.

With all the sales, the price point is similar enough to make me debate.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back