Nyos Quantum 160 - air intake screw

  • Thread starter Thread starter tll88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tll88

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
9
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to pick up a 160 for £50 but says it’s missing the air intake screw. Does anybody know the diameter of the screw?

I can source the part online but they want €20 to post it for a 5€ part.

I have seen Amazon product ASIN B0G2LFBF8C and was wondering if one would fit it?

Photo attached for part in question

IMG_8005.jpeg
 
Managed to pick up a 160 for £50 but says it’s missing the air intake screw. Does anybody know the diameter of the screw?

I can source the part online but they want €20 to post it for a 5€ part.

I have seen Amazon product ASIN B0G2LFBF8C and was wondering if one would fit it?

Photo attached for part in question

IMG_8005.jpeg

Here ya go!

M8 x 1.25 thread pitch, confirmed on thread gauge:
IMG_0281.jpeg


Full screw view, shank length = 22mm:
IMG_0282.jpeg


Tapered tip length = 7mm:
IMG_0284.jpeg


Tapered tip diameter = 3.5mm:
IMG_0283.jpeg


(A modified nylon screw should serve as a decent replacement!)

— on a related note, my Nyos 160 has a bad pump, it nuked the tank I got it from when it direct shorted, with no ground or GFCI protection…. I highly recommend testing it in a bucket of salt water, with a ground probe, plugged into a GFCI to see if this skimmer trips the GFCI!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new