Nyos quantum 160 for smaller tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter harsha22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

harsha22

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2022
Messages
58
Reaction score
13
Location
Burlington, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have a 35 gallon waterbox with a sump. I bought a used nyos 160 but even after a week it was overflowing.
the bio load was less a month ago but now my nitrates have risen and even now the skimmer is throwing out a lot of bubbles.

could it be because it is too big for the tank?
Should I go for a smaller slimmer like the aquamaxx WS-1?
 
Nyos 160 is way way way too big for a 35g. I have a 33g and my 120 is oversized, so much so that I've basically turned it off for the last few weeks. You'll either need to run it only a few hours a week or switch to another skimmer.
 
You can dial it back and be successful. If it os wide open then just raise it up so it sits in less water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new