Nyos Torq 1.0 and Biopellets

  • Thread starter Thread starter Timrpn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Timrpn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
176
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have the NYOS Torq 1.0L, been running usually with GFO and carbon, but going to be changing it to BioPellets. This will be ther first time I am using biopellets. I bought the ones from BRS.

My question is: When using it in this reactor, do i need to remove both sponges? The one that is in the cap? And the one at the bottom of the reactor? so there is NO sponges at all?

Thanks
 
I know I'm way late but I have a nyos torq. 75 and I tried biopellets with it. I removed the top sponge from the start but the bottom sponge would get clogged fast and cause the sponge to shift up and toss the pellets out of the reactor and make a mess. I've since restarted biopellets but using a brs reactor with no sponges at all and the brs reactor has tiny slots so no pellets can get past
 
Been running biopellets in this reactor for 7 months no difference in nitrate at all,used with gfo works well but it is a messy business this reactor,nice idea but more thought needs to be put into this reactor so as reduce the mess have moved to a traditional reactor with a DC pump for gfo and will discontinue use of this sort of reactor altogether,will get one for my biopellets and try it again,nice design but need to be able to direct the flow wherbit is needed.Sutch a pity easy to use but expensive and messy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new