Nyos Torq....

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was my day to change out media in my Nyos Torq. Now you switched over to this type of reactor at the beginning of the year. Is it amazing, no, and results have been average. But I travel a lot throughout the year and sometimes rely on my wife to have to change out media. Classic style reactors can be a pain to remove, clean and refill. So the Nyos seemed like an easy alternative for her. Of course this year my travel schedule was lighter than most years and I didn’t have to rely on my wife changing media at all. Well today, the Torq design bit me in the rump. I go to remove the canister and the bottom dropped out emptying 500g of used phosban into my sump. My 15 minute maintenance has turned into 3+ hrs of sump cleaning. It may be a sign...

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is why I bought a Avast Spyglass Reactor, I think that they are on sale for 15% off . I bought the Nyos reactor body but I have not sprung for the motor, but I did but in a order for the small Spyglass reactor.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

That’s a bummer. If anyone can relate turning a 5 minute job into 5 hours than I’m your guy.

I saw that when it first came out and thought it was a great idea. I have to agree Avast makes some top notch stuff

Ironfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dealt with this reactor for 9 month and the amount of headaches are not worth it.
Last week was the pinnacle of the problems this reactor gave me and now I'm seriously thinking about suing Nyos for the mess 25 gallons of seawater made to my floor and house.
Horrible design. Not only the sponges but the flow, the lid, the built.
Media escaping the reactor.
Difficult to maintain and refill, especially when using 2 medias.
Water splashing all over when the lid gets loose when it should stay in place.

PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS. Unless until they release a new updated version.

And don't get me wrong. I have the Nyos Quantum 220 skimmer working since October 2018 and I love it.

I'm in the market to get a new reactor for my RedSea XXL625 in case you have suggestions.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back