Nyos versus aquaready skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter phish1627
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

phish1627

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
6
Location
Palm Harbor
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building my first reef tank (50 gallon) and I am trying to decide between the aquaready Q1 and the nyos quantum 120 based off recommendations from my LFS.

Any thoughts/opinions on one versus the other (or additional recs)?
 
Man, I don't know anything about AquaReady, but I love the look of Nyos and they have a good reputation.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new