Ocean City MD vacation pics

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from vacation in Ocean City Maryland. We went down there from the 3rd through the 9th. Got to watch some fireworks on the beach. Spent most of the time at the beach swimming. Just thought I would post a couple pics.

Saw a huge jelly fish in the surf. We pushed it onto the beach to get a closer look and take a few pics before it washed back out. It was as huge as a basketball.
jellyfish2.jpg

jellyfish1.jpg

We also went onto Assateague Island and saw the wild horses. I think the small pony was a little excited to see us..:bigsmile:
DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

We also took a ride on the Sea Rocket. It's a huge power boat that holds about 50 people. We got to see some dolphins while out there and they were riding the wake of the power boat.
SeaRocket.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0336.jpg

This was the Kite Loft store off of the boardwalk
DSCN0357.jpg

Some sunset pics:
One on the beach looking back at Ocean City
DSCN0197.jpg

One from the balcony of the condo we stayed in
DSCN0301.jpg

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. My wife and I saw them 15 years ago and wanted to take the kids to see them. The wild horses are on that island in Maryland and there are others on the Virginia island of Chincoteague next to it. Those horses are owned and cared for by the local Fire Dept and kept in a fenced in area.

MSU Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
semi wild then, eh? :) Anyway, looks like an awesome vacation - thanks for the pics!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful Sunset!!

Mitsuko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live down here in OC during the summers. You should definitely check out East Pacific Aquaculture the next time you're down. Search their website on google. Their facilities are on the way home just 1/2 mile off of rt 50 before the Bay Bridge. Anthony's Beer, Wine and Deli also has the best subs in town ;-)

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitsuko, I just checked the site out. I wish I would have thought to check before heading down. Looks like a excellent place, nice selection. I had a burger from Big Peckers. We had ribs at JR's and I wasn't too crazy about them. We only ate dinner out about 3 times over the course of the week. We were using my Aunts condo so we packed a ton of food to cook while down there and save some $. I have a 14 and 10 year old boys that both eat as much as I do.

Rev, I loved those sunsets. I don't get to see those too often up here in Pittsburgh.

DEERE G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics, My family and I like to vacation in Ocean City. Last Sept. we got caught in traffic for 7 hours because a Tractor trailer went off the Bay Bridge. We could not go anywwhere. Wish I had a monster truck. lol

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bay Bridge is always a pain. I used to date a girl who lived on the other side, so it was a regular trip for me...not one that I enjoyed though...that stupid thing scares the crap out of me every time I'm on it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back