• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ocean-harvested Tampa Bay live sand, FREE if you come get it. Instant tank cycle! Also, gorilla crabs. (no, seriously)

Item Price
$0
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 pounds of live sand from Tampa Bay recently, in early December, and I've decided it's not quite what I'm looking for. It was shipped in water and has gone straight into a tank with light and flow and such, so it should be full of life. I make no guarantees about what it may or may not contain, except that there's probably brittle stars, you might inadvertently get a couple of my various ceriths, and it should be chock-full of bacteria. Want to instantly cycle your tank? This stuff will do it. No die-off, no fussing about, nothing. Dump the sand in and you're done.

Being sand, it's too heavy to ship in any way that would reasonably preserve the potential life. If you want it, you'll have to come get it. I'm in Central TX- PM me for a more precise location. Can't guarantee how much exactly I can dig out of the tank, but you're welcome to- should be at least half of it.

I also have some gorilla crabs, if anyone would like a sump monster in the making. They're all about half an inch across.

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll DM you real quick. I prefer to be pretty vague about my location in public forums.

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am emptying out a leaking tank and need a home for this stuff, or I'm going to have to dose it with clove oil to put everything to sleep and then dump it.

I've sent PMs to a couple people who expressed interest before. First to reply wanting it gets it. Preferably bring your own bucket.

Back