SnowyFox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5050.jpeg

I got the second side panel glued on last night. Front panel is just held in place by a single clamp right now to dry fit it to the stand. Fairly happy with how this stand is progressing, though I am getting really tired of dealing with wood and trying to keep everything flat, straight, and level. Had some issues with the frame warping a bit. The top surface has a slight bow in it, less than 1mm, but enough to feel it when I sit the stand upside down on the cast iron surface of my table saw. The foam mat that came with the aquarium might be good enough to handle it, but my backup plan is to do an epoxy pour to create a self leveling surface.

OP
OP
SnowyFox

SnowyFox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5064.jpeg

Got the stand almost completed over the weekend! Still need to finish it, planning on coating it in a few thin layers of epoxy to protect it from the inevitable exposure to salt water that is going to happen at some point. I am also considering doing a deeper pour of epoxy on the top and lower surfaces to create a flatter surface for the display and the sump to sit on. Might be a bit overkill though

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back