Oceanic 175 BF

s2minute

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
98
Reaction score
19
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So folks, after about 20 years, the seals on the bottom front of my 175 BF started to leak. Right before my eyes btw. I redirected the plumbing and drained the tank. Sadly, these aquariums are no longer made this large in glass. I would like to reseal it. I had bought solvent in hopes of loosening the silicone under the braces. Has anyone attempted this? If I can save this aquarium, I would very much want to try. Any input please? Thanks!
 
This sounds like a job for a professional aquarium builder. @Joe Glass Cages - any thoughts?
 
Nope, called today. Joe Glass Cages does NOT reseal aquariums. Back to square one.
sorry we dont. We can actually build a new tank faster than a proper rebuild.

Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new