Oceanic tank question

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
679
Reaction score
118
Location
Spring Hill, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods, apologies if this ends up in the wrong forum.

I'm looking at a 220 gallon Oceanic tank. I had a 120 that was the same style, but I don't remember if the back is simply painted and could be scraped, or if it's something more permanent. Does anyone happen to know? Also, has anyone taken out the overflows? Anything I should be aware of?

Image attached of the tank I'm considering.
s-l1600.jpg
 
For the back you have a special application of sheet you can apply to the tank, it comes in black and blue color.
Overflow boxes are just silicone in there and easy to remove with a box cutter style tool os just a box cutter.
If you do so make sure to clean glass really well before you place it back
 
For the back you have a special application of sheet you can apply to the tank, it comes in black and blue color.
Overflow boxes are just silicone in there and easy to remove with a box cutter style tool os just a box cutter.
If you do so make sure to clean glass really well before you place it back

I'd be cutting out the overflows to do a Synergy Shadow instead of those big boxes. The seller told me the sheet feels like plastic. So you think it'll peel right off and then clean up?
 
Yes you could.
That shadow over flow is awesome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new