Oceans Motions or other options

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that the control unit simply varried the voltage to the pumps, therefore it would not go into soft start mode. It will act the same as changing the speed manually.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats pretty cool, and in the context of ‘overpriced’ German gear ..... not a bad price. Looks to be an updated version of the flow wolf (same manufacturer) . Input/output sizes are the same as the OM, so flow should be broadly equivalent. Might have to try one myself.

That might have to be the route I go with my setup as Ocean Motions hasn't responded to any of me emails or phone calls for the past month.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just reviewing the specs and the dekron can spin at 120 rpm meaning each outlet can "fire" water two times a second!! You wouldnt even need to pulse your pump with that ability.

I think one pulse a second would be perfect.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something weird about the pricing though ... seems too low. They sell the abyzz a400, for example, at 1,400 euros which is around $1,550. What am I missing?

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something weird about the pricing though ... seems too low. They sell the abyzz a400, for example, at 1,400 euros which is around $1,550. What am I missing?

Not exactly sure where you got the $1400 from, on Derkroons site it shows the A400 at $1690 Euros which is pretty much on par with a couple other German sites....
Screenshot_20191016-192359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191016-192107_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you're referring to why they are about half price compared to purchasing one In the US/Canada, I'm wondering what kind of duties and import taxes are imposed on them, shipping something that heavy would probably be pretty pricey as well. I'm sure there also something in it for paying for support through coralvue, being able to deal with any issues warranty directly through a US Distributor and not having to deal with Abyzz Directly is definitely convenient, convenience costs money that can be reflected in the final price of a product.

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had picked the non VAT price .... regardless you’re right that warranty support is worth something. I just hadn’t ever checked out any of the European sites. Upcharge just seemed excessive to me.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had picked the non VAT price .... regardless you’re right that warranty support is worth something. I just hadn’t ever checked out any of the European sites. Upcharge just seemed excessive to me.

Ahh I got it, you know it does still seem excessive even if you factor in all the possibilities. I'm wondering if maybe they upcharge it as well for the US 120V conversion... sorry grasping at straws a little bit.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going with a 4 way on my 200. They've been extremely helpful and responsive to all my questions.

I'm glad you've had good luck with Ocean Motions, I haven't recieved a call or email back in about a month of attempting to contact them. The Derkroon looks much more pricey but if they answer an email they might get my business.

I've also thought about skipping the Ocean Motion all together and using two Vectras each plumbed to two opposite outlets and running different flow patterns on them. Would give similar or better results than the 4 outlet Ocean Motion with the 1/3, 2/4 configuration, atleast I think it would anyway.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back