Ocellaris and skunks

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100 gallon mixed reef cube with around 30 BTA's and a magnifica and I am upgrading to a 200 gallon tank.

There's a stable ocellaris trio being hosted by the magnifica and the following fish:

- 2 Yellow assessors;
- 2 Flame angels
- 2 Banggai cardinals
- 2 Threadfin cardinals
- 1 Diamond goby
- 1 Tomini tang

This means that I have a huge amount of BTA's that only the banggai cardinals hang around. Could this work:

sketch-1538871213818.png

The idea would be to get a couple of BTA's in the refugium, wait for the 2 skunks to be hosted and then transfer them to the main tank.

Since the ocellaris saw the magnifica and sorted their relationship, they never leave it.

Could this work peacefully? I am ready to scrape the idea, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience in similar situations.

I don't know what to do with that big pile of BTA's.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you're already getting lucky w/ the 3, no one can say what will happen for sure.
Usually in a longer tank I'd say those particular 2 species have a fair chance, a cube less so, and my fear would be not only might the 2 species fight, it could even make them weird on the 3rd wheel you are already having luck with maybe.
Think I'd at least wait for bigger tank if I were you, me personally I prefer to keep to just one pair per normal sized tank

OP
OP
Ardeus

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you're right, it may break the trio.

But what the heck do I do with the big pile of BTA's? They occupy a large portion of the tank and I am cracking my head trying to find fish that will use them.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 100 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 107 46.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.6%
Back