Ocellaris Attacking Coral Banded Shrimp

keumaii

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just bought a coral banded shrimp (CBS) and added it into my 125 gal saltwater tank. I was really worried that he would attack my peppermint shrimp or my fish, but it turns out my fish are attacking him instead. I have two ocellaris and they were biting at him. He put up a fight but then I moved him under a rock above the sand to hide. I know its territorial issues, but I'm wondering if they can even be in the same tank? The CBS wanders around the tank at night and he is fine then. But I feel like once the ocellaris wake up, then they'll attack him again. It's just the first day of having him but this is putting me under a lot of stress. I'm not sure if I have to separate them, return the shrimp, or just hope for the best. Any help is very appreciated.
 
Just to mention, I had a CBS before in my tank, but he unfortunately passed away. I didn't think many problems would happen in the tank as long as I put him on the other side from my other shrimp. Then I was worried when my ocellaris were picking at him the day of adding him in, so I searched around and thought he would attack stuff from articles like from this website. My fish were still picking at him this morning, but they slowed down a good bit because he moved to the other side of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new