Ocellaris clown don't host small rose bulb anemone??

OP
OP
A

An ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be aware Mags are one of the most difficult host anemones to take care of. I also highly recommend having cipro and a treatment tank ready. Not available, ready for use.
My cousin just bought a mag nem last week and it seem really healthy so far. We run the same time and have same experience in salt water. I would try some sea carpet and hadoni may be easier than gig. However, i look up some review and seem like Hadoni eat fish a lot. I have 2 clown, 1 hippo tang, a pair of gobbh and six line. Should I get Hadoni or not?

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However, i look up some review and seem like Hadoni eat fish a lot. I have 2 clown, 1 hippo tang, a pair of gobbh and six line. Should I get Hadoni or not?

Not with the gobies and sixline wrasse. I have a pair of yellow watchmans and that is the only reason I do not have a carpet. Haddoni's eat fish most often, followed by gigs, then mags.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't think mags are really that difficult to keep, the hard part is just getting a healthy one, which usually means cipro treatment, but once you get past that, relatively easy, but they do need a rock to themselves high up in the column.
They like light, they will want to be high up for what they can get.
Provide that and they pretty much stay there.

OP
OP
A

An ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't think mags are really that difficult to keep, the hard part is just getting a healthy one, which usually means cipro treatment, but once you get past that, relatively easy, but they do need a rock to themselves high up in the column.
They like light, they will want to be high up for what they can get.
Provide that and they pretty much stay there.
I agree with you. Whenever we keep the water parameter constainly, that anemone will be fine. I just got a new green metallic freen hadoni for my tank. I hope i don't need tk use cipro for it.

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the clowns may never take to the anemone. I took my B&W Ocellaris clowns two years until the found a hairy mushroom then eventually took to my RBTA.

OP
OP
A

An ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA is a natural host match for maroon, so yes, but maroons usually will accept pretty much any anemone host given.
But i heard maroon so agressive to other clown right? I have a regal tang 3", 2 ocer clown 1.5", 3" and six line wrasse. Will they fight?

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have 2 occs and add a maroon, yeah, absolutely there will be fighting, gotta make a decision which to keep, one pair of any species is best

Back