Ocellaris Clownfish & Maroon Clownfish

bubby.lyle

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
33
Location
New Orleans
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Monday I went to Petco and they were having a sale. I bought what was left which were 3 Ocellaris & 2 Maroons. Strangely, the largest Maroon was in the tank with an Ocellaris and the other ones were all alone. Once home, one Ocellaris didn’t make it so I have 2 Maroon and 2 Ocellaris. Now strangely, the Maroon seems to get along with the smaller Ocellaris and chases the Lightning Maroon away when it leaves the top corner. I was hoping they would pair up even tho I’ve heard of rare instances where there are 3 in a relationship. I don’t have any anemones and it’s a 55g breeder. They have only been in the tank 3 days now. Just want any advice
 
I had a maroon with a pair of ocellaris clownfish who were hosting anemones on opposite sides of the tank (Red Sea Reefer 350) Despite this, they were always fighting each other, and I had to give away my Maroon. Also is this the same tank with the Blue Tang that got velvet/ich?
 
1 maroon is a recipe for disaster. 2 is reef tank annihilation. Jokes aside, this will not work in the long run in a 55 gallon tank. The maroons and oscellaris with both get more aggressive until eventually they start fighting each other.
 
I had a maroon with a pair of ocellaris clownfish who were hosting anemones on opposite sides of the tank (Red Sea Reefer 350) Despite this, they were always fighting each other, and I had to give away my Maroon. Also is this the same tank with the Blue Tang that got velvet/ich?
Yes. I had to completely start over because I ended up losing everything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new